If you have clicked onto this page, thank you for supporting the work we do. Our Oxbridge Mentoring Scheme (OMS) supports students from state schools, inspires them through dialogue-based learning and challenges them to creatively about their subjects. We raise aspirations among students from diverse backgrounds to apply to Oxbridge to improve equality of opportunity and address known issues with one of the most competitive university admissions in the world. In doing so, we also help students secure offers from UK’s top universities.
We are very proud of all our students. In 2019, 40% of our Oxbridge applicants were offered places. This year, we welcomed 80 students from our Oxbridge Mentoring Scheme, and partner organisations, to our annual interview conference to prepare for their Oxbridge interviews. We are excited to hear their outcomes. Next year, we aim to triple the capacity of students we can support.
If you feel that our work is worthy of your donation (no matter how small), you can make donation by clicking the Donate button below.
As a young charity, our resilience is tested. The Charity Commission expect most charities to fail in their first year. We rely on volunteers as Mentors and we work hard behind the scenes to recruit and train Mentors, monitor progress of students, operate the OMS and improve our processes and systems year on year.
We’d highly appreciate any donations towards our sustainability goals. Alongside receiving donations, our Board Members have pledged to submit bids to funding sources. Our aim is that Insight Outreach becomes self-sufficient within 4 years of receiving charity status. Thank you for helping us on that journey.
Warm wishes from
Joyce, Nik, Barney & Amol
How can my donation help?
- Part-funding towards operational costs of a November OMS Conference & Interview Preparation Day for OMS students
- Contribution towards holding a social event for OMS students to mark the end, and beginning of a new, OMS cycle (an idea mentioned by past students in their feedback to IO)
- Helping cover the costs of DBS certifications for our Mentors, to allow them to advise and support OMS students.
- Helping cover marketing costs to raise public awareness of Insight Outreach’s OMS at young people’s conferences and events
- Part-funding to assist previous OMS students in creating societies once at universities, helping create avenues to recruit a never-ending stream of Mentors
If you or your organisation would like to sponsor Insight Outreach for specific activities mentioned above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org