Join Our Board of Trustees!
We Need YOU
Are you passionate about social mobility and excited about shaping the future of a growing charity? Are you a leader who enjoys solving complex social problems and impacting the lives of others? Join us to use your leadership to impact the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged students.
Insight Outreach is seeking new Trustees to support the growth of our charity. We need fresh perspectives to support us on our journey.
We are looking for people with any of the following skills, experiences, or interests:
- Passionate about social mobility, fair access to educational opportunities, and creating a thriving, equal society where a young person’s future reflects their talent and not their background.
- Awareness of experience of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds applying to and studying at top universities, either first hand or through previous work/volunteering experience.
- Firsthand knowledge or experience mentoring in an educational or career setting and appreciation of its power to develop and transform young people.
- Track record of success in supporting either charitable or non-charitable organisations to grow, including developing business strategy, supporting with building partnerships, developing corporate sponsorship or writing grant funding applications
- Ability to solve complex problems and formulate policy, drawing upon excellent interpersonal skills, lateral thinking and empathy.
In addition, either of the following would be desirable, but not essential:
- Legal and/or compliance skills gained as a qualified solicitor or barrister or working in risk, compliance and similar functions. Knowledge of charity law is not essential.
- Experience in the education sector, as a teacher, mentor to young people, working at a university or another education charity.
- Experience on the operational side of an educational organisation, school, university or charity
- Experience of statistical methods and impact evaluation
As Trustee, what will your roles and responsibilities be?
- Attend quarterly board meetings, and monthly meetings with Trustees
- Own and develop elements of the strategic growth plan for the charity, depending on your skills and interests. Examples include:
- Building relationships with other organisations to develop new partnerships
- Drive our corporate sponsorship strategy
- Spearhead our fundraising campaign
- Improving internal operational processes to support the delivery of our programmes